Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas eve

Wow, can't believe it's Christmas eve. Can't believe it's been 2 days since Symphonie II ended. Ahhh, nevermind.

So after Christmas, it's the new year. So yeah, we make new year resolutions that we never keep. I made a couple of lame ass ones over the years but I think the one I will be making this year .. I'm gonna keep. I have a span of 4-5 days to think about it, before the new year comes and I'm at home on my bed watching the lame countdown party.

Just a few :
- Improve sight reading skills
- Memorize scales
- Improve on rhythm
- Get to know time signatures well
- Work on tone, intonation etc.
- Make my long tones stable and in tune
- Recognize the sharpness or flatness of my sound during play
- Get more scores
- Ability to play running notes
- FIND A BARITONE SAXOPHONE CONCERTO (not orchestral transcriptions please)
- Lose weight (heh.)

Okay, this is just a few (yeah a FEW) maybe add 1 or 2 on the coming days. Yep, I'll try to keep to most of them because like all of them. And all except 1 or 2 are about technical playing stuff which I have to improve on. The lose weight thing .. well I think it's about time la. The baritone saxophone concerto thingy, FIRST - It's for personal uses (training), SECOND - I can't find any on the internet. I found a concertino but yeah .. I can't find it anymore. Ahhh, lack of concertos for such a nice instrument. Maybe going to ask Mr Desmond Ng if he knows any. I hope he doesn't ask if I want to play one .. because I'm not ready to play a concerto or even a solo piece.

Thinking of heading down to library@esplanade today to see some scores or method books. Knew had to register for some membership before I can borrow any scores. But when I wanted to take a quick shower and go, it was already 4.30 and library@esplanade closes at 5pm on Christmas eve. Nevermind then, shall go on Tuesday. Maybe head down after I get the full questions for OM.

OM, arghh so many commitments.

Yeah, I found 1 Concerto, or rather
Konzertstück (which I think means Concert piece), for Baritone Saxophone. Saw the sample, and it was in bass clef?! Composed by Werner Wolf Glaser in 1992 (how coincidental) for solo Baritone Saxophone and streichorchester (whatever the hell that is)

Found out about Rhapsody for Baritone Saxophone by Mark Watters but unpublished. Heck, Rebroll by Salvador Brotons wasn't even published.

Heard about the album 'The Solitary Saxophone' .. had 1 recording but it was just a bari sax playing long tones - crazily.

Actually, I'm looking for solo pieces with wind band, but alot that I found are for bari sax + piano. On my web surfs for bari sax concerto, saw a comment saying there's this index where they have sax stuff ranging from baritone sax concertos to chamber groups. Queer.

Also Saxifrage Blue by Robert Linn, unpublished.

yeah... that's what I could find in a period of an hour. But can't be bothered to find more. Gonna ask Mr. Desmond Ng the next time I see him.

Day started off terrible, ended quite nice if I do say so myself.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home