Wednesday, December 13, 2006

3rd one yay

so, I found this website which has some tips, more or less.
and I want to make it all clear, to myself, personal usage thing.

URL : here

those bracketed, italic and in red are my responses.

Vilson05 :
when attempting to connected to windows live messenger I receive that error (81000306) (I did too) i go to troubleshoot and I get a hosts file that needs repaired. (yes) I did have an older version but recently upgraded to WLM 8.0 (been using it before I reformatted my system) and still get that error. I've even went into my registry and deleted all entries related to msn messenger (haha, stupid) anybody have suggestions?
p.s. my aim messenger and yahoo messenger still sign in and work perfectly fine. (dont know about this, have been an MSN-junkie since P6)
Vilson

Philip :
Hi, upgrade to the latest version of WLM8 (build 0812) (yes mine is build 0812) and see whether that helps.(no it doesn't)
Also, please see my post at http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/wi...-problems.html and give it a try.
(I don't get 1603 whatever)

princeG :
Hi Vilson05 (and Alif), sorry it took a little while to respond to this. Try the following suggested solutions:


Make sure you have installed the latest available updates for your operating system. For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, website. (I figured I needed Service Pack 2, I've updated it and I'm running SP2 but hey I'm typing this)
If you are using a firewall, make sure that MSN Messenger is allowed full access through the firewall.(yes) For more information, see the firewall documentation.
Verify the Advanced Connection settings for MSN Messenger.

If your computer is part of a corporate network, contact your network administrator to make sure that the network allows access to the MSN Messenger service.
If you use a dial-up connection, the connection may be timing out. Try to connect again later.

Also i advise you to see with the windows FireWall to see if the MSN is authorised to connect if yes try to see if the PORT# : 1080 is authorized to be used . (someone enlighten me more on this PORT thing)

Normally your problem doesn't go beyond these probabilities. (oh really?)

Good luck

Loonyklownz (can't believe I'm gonna take advice from somebody who calls themself that) :
I tried all the solutions and then some...I finally went into Add/Remove programs, chose WLM and clicked on change then repair. (did that) I rebooted (rebooted as in restarted? if yes, doesnt work, if it isnt restarted .. what is it?) my system and so far so good. Another trick I have done was completely uninstalled and reinstalled WLM, but that was a temp fix (done it 3 times) for about a week at most. I will keep you posted if the repair option works..so far so good.

Elainewantsitfixed :
yes, I got the same response when trying to sign in. It said my hosts file needed to be fixed and would I allow msn to fix it. I said yes and that didnt help one bit. Then I get the same error and I troubleshoot and there is NO PROBLEM with it, (YA LOR!!) but it still wont sign in. So I go to the add/delete and do the repair thingy on it and that still didnt help. (I'm beginning to share her problems) It finally told me that msn wasnt available and to try later......but the status board said everything was stable and running. (I think I'm in love) yea, right. Trillion is looking really good about now.

And as for being leary of tamperingItalic with the registry, get "jv16 power tools" from macecraft and it will do the trick for you. I have been using it for years now and it has never screwed up anything on my computer. Keeping a clean registry helps the computer operate faster also.

dvelez1985 :
It's a glitch by wlm on some peoples system. I got that for a few days but then it started to work fine again.
(this guy makes me stay optimistic)

Psycho :
If you are using Zone Alarm, update it. That solved my signin problem.
(but if a person doesn't have ZoneAlarm? okay I do have ZoneAlarm, I have the the executable to install ZoneAlarm Internet Suite or something like that. I hope you're right, Psycho.)

These are posts on this error on the blueball forums. I'm seriously hoping dvelez1985 is right since he's a senior member at the forum. And his post aren't off topic-y. I do intend to make a thread on this in SGBANDFUSION, I hope some tech pros are they to help me solve my problem.

Gosh, I am making such a big fuss over such a trivial problem.

LOL.

EDITED - 1.40am Dec 14

I realized something.
It's not only Error 81000306, it's also 81000314.
CRAP.

But this is hope. If maybe the ultimate error is because of 81000314, I'm gonna solve it.
But most of the error messages are 81000306-related.

Where are the msn geniuses when you need one?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home