Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Apple Cider Vinegar

My dad has been hit by a bout of the gout.

And coincidentally, the last line rhymed.
It's been a month now, and it's been quite stable.

So, mum read up on this new home-made remedy that work wonders for treating gout, along with other problems. It's called Apple Cider Vinegar. My mum has been giving high praises about it and bought 2 big bottles of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (with Mother, whatever that is). Mind you, it's not the nice tasting cider that people can freely drink. It's vinegar. And trust me, it smells like the one around any household.

To make this remedy of a drink, just take 2 tablespoons of this ACV substance and add it into 8oz of water. To make it just right, add 2 tablespoons of honey just for taste. Honestly, I kinda like it. It tastes like any regular sour apple juice but only with that pungent smell.

But read up on the internet and I found info that has been kept away from most people's knowledge of the drink. It has no such medical properties at all. Oh ok, so I wasted 10 minutes of my life drinking something that tasted kinda bad for a total of 3 times, and doesn't help me for that matter. But dude, this ACV (as it has been called) ruins the enamel on the teeth. Or in ghetto terms "Dawg, this stuff been screwin' wit ma teeth." So okay, my teeth will be destroyed. It ALSO causes corrosive esophageal injury, hypokalemia, hypereninemia and osteoporosis.

Is that enough to stop people from drinking ACV? I guess not.

Hundreds of testimonials have been written to praise this 'sacred' concoction. But for every ying there is a yang (and not in the form of a Matthew). And that is, Baking soda water. And somehow, I THINK I've heard about this before.

ICuredMyGout.org is a website created by some guy who accidentally cured his gout by alkalizing his body. Of course, foodstuff with less purine will help in preventing of gout breakouts. But this fella.. experiments on his body on one very fine day, by putting 2 tablespoons of baking soda into water. And drank it. He took the risk and now he's sharing that very same risk that cured his gout in 3 days, to the whole worldlike appetite loss, urge to urinate everytime and much, much more.

No one wants to pee every time right?

This guy, who's been suffering for twenty-seven years. Twenty-seven long & painful years; and he cured his gout in 3 short days! He says that the alkali in the baking soda helps the uric acid in your body dissolve. Since uric acid somehow the main "villain" behind gout, so isn't it good to have more alkali in your body?

Okay I'll break it down for y'all.
Uric acid -> kind of like the cause
ACV -> 5% acid
Baking Soda water -> alkali

Drinking ACV brings down your body's pH level (anything less than7 pH level is acidic) when there's uric acid to deal with? So more alkali brings up your pH level? Isn't that true?

(Note : I may be wrong. Don't put your 100% trust into this because I am just 14 years old. I am not a doctor. I barely passed biology. This is my opinion. So don't sue me for false information, because I am a kid. I have no money.)

There is the saying "fight fire with fire", but there is also "adding salt to the wound". There have been people who say that ACV has helped them! But Baking Soda is more focused on gout.

I am not preaching the battle of ACV vs Baking Soda water as a cure for gout.

The real question here is, why the hell can I memorize this useless information and I can't even memorize anything on 7 chapters of bio?!

Sigh.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:03 AM , Blogger lost_poet said...

Mother of vinegar is a slime composed of a form of cellulose and acetic acid bacteria that develops on fermenting alcoholic liquids, which is responsible for forming vinegar the natural way.

The main acid in ACV is extremely weak and the other contents of it have an alkalizing effect inside the body.

Apple Cider Vinegar, when taken in Moderation will NOT decay your teeth. Just like any good thing, too much is just not done.

It is the extra contents of the ACV that helps the body to detoxify and combat certain ailments. It is not a cure, but a preventive and augmentative measure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home