Wednesday, September 06, 2006

back from reality and I brought souvenirs.

for the past few months, i've been listening to band music and maybe some indie here and there.
recently, i've gone back to the motherland (or just to say, my roots). for the past, saay 10minutes or so i've been listening to Nickelback and Rufio. been a long time since i air guitar-ed to In My Eyes by Rufio.

and these months, it was just the music stylings of Reed, Barnes and Adam Ferrera's motley crew. a little Goo Goo Dolls, and some Snow Patrol sprinkled somewhere in this period, but no Rufio, Nickelback, Dropkick Murphys ... nothing that started to make me a .. well, enthusiastic. and plus, the only band music i listened that time was Gently Touch The Sky.
go figure.

i've been a listening to podcasts, namely the Mr Brown Show (who doesn't hor?) and Hi My Name Is Mark (as i have mentioned in my previous blog). Mr Brown and Mr Miyagi brings out the true Singaporean humor that has been lost or something .. yadda yadda yadda.
HIMNIM (i just realized Hi My Name Is Mark is HIMNIM as its initials) has brought forth nice bands but rather electronica. i've been lagging since, and i've only got Podcast #7 till #21.
which brings me to my next point, ... i hate electronica bands. SOME may be ok or maybe even great (U.S.E.) and some really sounds a step above discotheque music from the '80s.
For Felix is great.

oh yea, so does WE ARE THE FURY.

ok chill.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home